Latta Announces 2016 Congressional Art Competition
Congressman Bob Latta (R-Bowling Green) today announced the opening of the 2016 Congressional Art Competition, encouraging high school students in Ohio’s Fifth Congressional District to submit their original artwork for the chance to be displayed in the U.S. Capitol.
“The Congressional Art Competition is a tremendous opportunity for us to showcase the wealth of artistic talent in Ohio’s Fifth District,” said Latta. “I encourage all high school students to submit their artwork this year and look forward to seeing our district’s artwork on display in the United States Capitol.”
All artwork will be on display at the Marathon Center for the Performing Arts, the Fisher Wall Art Gallery, 200 West Main Cross Street, Findlay, Ohio 45840, from April 3 through April 23. The winners of the 2016 Congressional Art Competition will be announced at a reception on Saturday, April 23. The overall winner will have their artwork displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol, alongside the artwork from other nationwide contestants. In addition, three honorable mentions will also be announced and displayed in Congressman Latta's district offices.
Each student is allowed one entry. Eligible artwork includes the following:
• Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
• Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
• Collage: must be two dimensional
• Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
• Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, etc.
• Computer generated art
The deadline for students to submit their artwork is 12 noon on Friday, March 25. Applicants can drop off their entry form and artwork at one of the following district offices:
• Bowling Green – 1045 N. Main Street, Suite 6, Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
• Defiance – 101 Clinton Street, Suite 1200, Defiance, Ohio 43512
• Findlay – 318 Dorney Plaza, Room 302, Findlay, Ohio 45840
District staff is also available to pick up artwork from students. To arrange a pick-up time, contact the Defiance office at (419) 782-1996.
For more information about the 2016 Congressional Art Competition, click here. Additional rules and guidelines can also be found here.